Thursday, November 4, 2010

One yarn mari, two yarn mari, three yarn mari, four....

Unfortunately there hasn't been much stitching happening here at the moment. I was working on a UFO that still -frustratingly- remains a UFO. That one has gone back in the box, hopefully to be resolved the next time it comes out. I had also wrapped a mari for a pattern I was about to start, only to find that it was quite a bit smaller than the original and I really should make a new one. I really should have been paying more attention to the temari and not thinking about the new reading book sitting beside me! Anyhow.......in order to put my mind into positive temari-mode, I started wrapping mari.Between reading and wrapping (with the occasional cat cuddle thrown in for good measure) it was a great day.

Wrapping mari is something I generally find relaxing, and this morning was no exception. I had worked my way through most of my yarn mari's , so I figuered wrapping another batch would be therapeutic as well as productive. I find if I have a good selection of yarn mari, then I can enjoy the colour choosing and stitching more because I dont have to spend time wrapping a ball up.

Anyhow, before I knew it I had over a dozen - some with bells inside, some with button rattles, some that make no noise at all. Some larger and some smaller, some with rice hulls and some with polyfill, some with blessings inside and some without. I figured I wont get too stuck for choice - not in the near future anyway. And then I made the last one for the day - the one for the pattern I am itching to stitch. Hopefully, I'll be able to show you soon what it looks like, but until then - this is the basketful of mari 'canvases' I have to play with.

1 comment: