Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Drawing Lessons

As I mentioned in the previous posts, I have been taking a few botanical drawing lessons. So far, we have been focusing on outlines. I'm really enjoying the classes, and looking forward to the next four weeks, which will focus on shading and adding depth to the pictures. I thought I'd post my picture of the orchids I drew. I chose to draw this plant because it was beautiful and the lines/shapes of the flowers/leaves etc were clear to see. And.....I had only bought it a couple of weeks ago, and I have never had any luck with orchids in the past, so I wanted to try and draw it before it went to plant heaven! I have also taken a couple of photo's, so that if I reach the stage where I get to add colour, I will have a reference. The flowers are a beautiful shade of orange. The drawing is very light, as it's only an outline, but here it is:



1 comment: