Thursday, April 7, 2011

New temari


This is my latest temari. It's taken me a while to do it, because I marked it and chose the threads and then it sat in the basket for a couple of weeks until I sat down for a couple of hours and stitched it. It is quite an easy C8 design, and I can see how the techniques could be used in different ways in other patterns.


I wasn't so wrapped with my colour choice (Unintended teamri pun!!I really like the black and white, although next time I would do more rows of each. The purple Nordic Gold didnt 'pop' against the pink background either, but overall it's not too bad.


2 comments:

  1. The purple may not "pop" but the overall sure does. I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. I'm doing another one with black and white at the moment, with a black mari and black/white/coloured stitching. Hopefully it wont take me too long to finish so I can show you.

    ReplyDelete