Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Playing with clay

Another one of my forays was into the world of clay sculpture. Now I have never done anything like this before - excepting the coil pots I made at high school that were a little bit of a disaster, so I wasn't sure how this would go. The instructor assured me she had never had someone 'fail' before, so I jumped right in.

I spent hours and hours at classes. It was great. The only reason I'm not doing it now is that it was a fair way from my house and the travel got to me after a few months.

So this is what I ended up with. It's a bit androgynous, but I was really happy with the results. I was inspired by the fantasy fiction I read, and wanted to create a human-like species, but not quite. I think I managed to create a respectable piece of art, that looks like it represents a person from a fantasy world.



No comments:

Post a Comment