Saturday, April 9, 2011

Drawing homework

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been taking some botanical drawing classes. While this does cut down on my 'temari time', it is also something Ireally enjoy doing, and hope to get better at. I am doing a beginner painting class in a couple of months, which should also be very interesting - as normally, no matter how small the paint job, no matter how careful I am, I end up with paint all over me! Anyhow, I thought I'd share some of my classwork. The first is a bell pepper, or mini capsicum. Then we worked on some gumnuts. And this is the waterlily drawing I have been working on. It's not finished yet, but I'm getting happier with it.


Hopefully in the painting class I will learn enough to paint the lily. It was a spectacular pink colour that will (fingers crossed) look amazing.

1 comment: