Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's a Temari-versary!

I realised the other day that it must have been about a year since I discovered (and subsequently began making) temari. When I looked it up on the computer, sure enough it was the 19th of April last year that I began making my first ball.

As previously mentioned I am a bit of a serial hobbyist, and so I didn't count the anniversary of temari making from the start of the creation (because it may never have been finished)- but from the completion of the project, which was exactly one year ago today! When I mentioned this to my husband he was suprised that it had been that long already, and that I had stuck to a hobby for more that a few months!

So, in commemoration of this grand event, I decided to make a ball especially for the day, and I finished it off this morning. It is a 6 SD, Mitsubane Kikkou design worked on a 24cm ball. I have used this colour combo before on a white ball and really like the effect, so this time I did it on a black ball. I love the brightness of the colours - they are happy colours, which represents what I like about temari making - it brings more happiness into my world. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.




And to make the day even more special - there was my latest order from Temari Addict waiting for me when I got home last night. I ordered some Cosmo threads and a new Japanese temari book - Azuma Temari!! Click here to pop over and see the fantastic things you can get from Rebecca's store!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Temari-versary, may there be many more! Love the colours on this one, they just pop right off the surface. Also your new thread order will be with you in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Good wishes from another "serial hobbyist" who also has stuck with temari!!

    ReplyDelete